Reminder that the entire UC Davis campus has access to the New York Times (nytimes.com) at no charge:
Get Free Access to The New York Times
To activate access:
- Step 1: Visit AccessNYT.com while connected to the UC Davis network (including VPN).
- Step 2: Search for and click the listing for “University of California, Davis – Davis, CA.”
- Step 3: Click “Create Account” and complete the registration fields.
If you have previously registered your email address on The New York Times site, go through Steps 1 and 2 and then click the “Already have an account? Log in here” link (below the “Create Account” button) in Step 3.
What you’ll get:
Here’s what you’ll get through our campus subscription:
- Access to most New York Times and International New York Times content — including news, reviews, opinion, blogs, videos and more — with no monthly limit on the number of stories you can read
- Access content on the NYT mobile app (download it from nytimes.com/mobile after creating your account)
- Email newsletters and custom alerts delivered to your inbox
- Access to nytimes.com/edu, the Times’ higher education website, including resources curated by area of study
- Historical coverage — full access to articles published from 1851 through 1922, and from 1981 to today (Note: The Times limits individual users to five articles per day from the years 1923-1980.)
- Select crosswords from the archives (the Crossword app is a separate product, but a few crosswords from the archives are available here)